Stop Child Labour
A child is a state of human development between infancy and puberty. Legally the term child may refer to a certain age limit. There are different states of development periods some of which are as follows:-
- newborn (ages 0–4 weeks)
- infant (ages 4 weeks – 1 year)
- toddler (ages 1–3 years)
- preschooler (ages 4–6 years)
- school-aged child (ages 6–11 years)
- adolescent (ages 12–18)
During the 19th and early 20th centuries, many children (age between 5 - 14) started or rather say forced to start work due to economic reason. But, now it is one of the biggest problems around the world because it puts them in danger. Child labour is combined with many factors. Some of the main reasons are as follows:-
- Poverty & Illiterate parents
- The innocence that comes with childhood was utilised to make a profit by many and was encouraged by the need for family income.
- They are more easily employed because they get less money paid than adults
- They did not cause trouble or complain as they lack knowledge of their basic rights etc.
There are several laws, constitution are there to stop the child labour the problem increases like rocket speed. At the current rates, more than 100 million children are trapped in it.
TO STOP CHILD LABOUR we have to focus on the main factors which are the root cause of it. Most of the laws are being applied for punishment but that will not solve the problem. Acting on the factors and stopping them mentioned above is the key to stop child labour. That only can be done by HUMANITY.
WORLD DAY AGAINST CHILD LABOUR (12th June) is a day to raise awareness stop child labour but every day we have to focus on removing those factors.